All The Latest Football News And Transfer Rumors This Evening
- Liverpool are being linked with a move for Alaves left-back Theo Hernandez.
- Jurgen Klopp believes Daniel Sturridge will provide Liverpool with a real injection of quality in the race for Champions League qualification.
- Leon Osman says Ross Barkley hasn’t kicked on since he was 18-years-old.
- Roberto Martinez says Everton can treble their money on Romelu Lukaku should they end up losing the forward this summer.
- Everton are tracking Villarreal’s 26-year-old Mateo Musacchio, according to reports.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Former England international Wayne Bridge feels he is better remembered for snubbing John Terry’s handshake offer than his decorated football career.
- Tottenham are hopeful Victor Wanyama will be involved in Wednesday’s match at Swansea despite a back problem.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Pep Guardiola is weighing up a move for Valencia full-back Jose Luis Gaya, according to reports.Guardiola will overhaul his squad this summer, with the Manchester City manager insisting he must buy to usurp Premier League leaders Chelsea.
- Manchester City ruled out a move N’Golo Kante even before Pep Guardiola had officially taken over the reins at the Etihad last summer.
- Reports in Spain suggest Real Madrid defender Pepe will snub lucrative offers from China in the hope he can secure a move to City or PSG.
- Newcastle United will receive £7.1m if they win the Championship this season – around 10% of the amount they made for finishing 18th in the Premier League.
- QPR boss Ian Holloway says Aston Villa counterpart Steve Bruce is a ‘world class’ manager and backed him to restore the club to its previous heights.
- Aston Villa midfielder Jordan Veretout will think long and hard about the next career step once the current season ends.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Baggies boss Tony Pulis admits he’s got ‘a lot of time’ for Troy Deeney but says Watford won’t sell their talismanic striker.
- Marc Muniesa says the attitude was better but the quality still needs to improve as Stoke slipped to a disappointing defeat at Burnley.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Fraser Forster is focused on keeping his Selhurst Park howler from December to the back of his mind as he tries to keep a second clean sheet in four days against in-form Crystal Palace.
- Southampton will get a first-hand look at a potential new recruit as Mamadou Sakho comes to St Mary’s with Crystal Palace tonight.
- Craig Shakespeare has said he will not be seeking talks over his future as manager of Leicester City before the end of the season.
YORKSHIRE EVENING NEWS
- Liam Cooper has been ruled out of all but one of Leeds United’s remaining Championship fixtures after being hit with a six-game ban by the Football Association.
- Johnny Russell’s new lucky charm paid off immediately as he ended his long goal drought at Pride Park on Tuesday night.
- Brighton defender Connor Goldson is back home in Sussex after “life changing” heart surgery with a “beautiful scar”.